Exactly two weeks ago, telecom operator Vodafone rolled out its VoLTE service in UP West. And now today, the telco has announced that its VoLTE service has been launched in UP East as well. Having said that, Vodafone until now has launched its VoLTE service across circles of Gujarat, Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Maharashtra & Goa, Rajasthan, Haryana, and, Karnataka.
Vodafone says that it has launched the VoLTE service in cities of Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Allahabad and Faizabad, and, around 26,000 towns and villages in the UP East circle. Well, with the launch of VoLTE, Vodafone customers in UP East circle will now be able to enjoy benefits like faster call setup time and “HD-quality” voice calls without having to pay anything extra.
However, it’s worth noting that to be able to use Vodafone VoLTE, you will need a Vodafone 4G SIM inside a VoLTE-enabled handset. You can click here to check out the list of smartphones compatible with Vodafone VoLTE.
Commenting on the launch of Vodafone VoLTE in UP East, Nipun Sharma, Business Head – UP East, Vodafone India, said, “We have been making significant investments to expand, upgrade and modernise our network to ensure that we provide the finest service experience and seamless connectivity to our valued customers. We are delighted that Vodafone is now launching VoLTE services in UP East across 26000+ towns and villages. VoLTE is a step further towards enhancing customer experience and enabling our customers in Uttar Pradesh East to explore newer possibilities with their smart devices.”
How to enable Vodafone VoLTE on your smartphone ?
- Check whether your device is compatible with Vodafone’s VoLTE network (click here to see the list or SMS ‘4G CHECK’ to 199)
- Make sure your smartphone is running the latest version of the software provided by the smartphone manufacturer
- Upgrade to a Vodafone 4G SIM if you are currently using a 2G/3G SIM. You can get it upgraded by visiting your nearest Vodafone store.
- If your smartphone supports VoLTE technology, make sure it’s turned on by going to the Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Enable 4G > Turn on Voice & Data menu on iOS device, or, Settings > Mobile Network > Turn on VoLTE call menu on Android device. That said, the option might be tucked inside a different setting based on which company’s Android smartphone you are using.
- More importantly, if your smartphone supports Dual SIM, be sure to put the Vodafone 4G SIM inside the first slot if you wish to use Vodafone’s VoLTE services. Also, don’t forget to set the Network Type to Auto by going to the Settings > SIM Networks > Preferred Network Type > 4G/3G/2G menu. Again, the location of the option would vary based on the smartphone.