Telecom operator Vodafone has been rolling out its VoLTE service across different parts of India since February this year. The telco last week launched its VoLTE service in Punjab circle, and today, it has announced the launch of its VoLTE service in Chennai.
With the launch of VoLTE in Chennai, Vodafone’s VoLTE service now spans across a total of 11 circles that include, Gujarat, Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Maharashtra & Goa, Rajasthan, Haryana, Karnataka, UP West, UP East and Punjab.
Well, with the launch of VoLTE, Vodafone customers in Punjab now get benefits like “HD-quality” voice calls and faster call setup time. However, you need to have a Vodafone 4G SIM and a VoLTE-enabled handset to take advantage of the VoLTE service. You can click here to check out the list of smartphones that are compatible with Vodafone VoLTE.
Commenting on the launch of VoLTE in Chennai, Mr. S. Murali, Business Head Tamil Nadu, Vodafone India, said, “We have been making significant investments to expand, upgrade and modernise our network to ensure that we provide the finest service experience and seamless connectivity to our valued customers. We are delighted that Vodafone is now launching VoLTE services across Chennai. VoLTE is a step further towards enhancing customer experience and enabling our customers in Chennai explore newer possibilities with their smart devices. We plan to expand our VoLTE footprint across Tamil Nadu over the next few months.”
How to enable Vodafone VoLTE on your smartphone ?
- Check whether your device is compatible with Vodafone’s VoLTE network (click here to see the list or SMS ‘4G CHECK’ to 199)
- Make sure your smartphone is running the latest version of the software provided by the smartphone manufacturer
- Upgrade to a Vodafone 4G SIM if you are currently using a 2G/3G SIM. You can get it upgraded by visiting your nearest Vodafone store.
- If your smartphone supports VoLTE technology, make sure it’s turned on by going to the Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Enable 4G > Turn on Voice & Data menu on iOS device, or, Settings > Mobile Network > Turn on VoLTE call menu on Android device. That said, the option might be tucked inside a different setting based on which company’s Android smartphone you are using.
- More importantly, if your smartphone supports Dual SIM, be sure to put the Vodafone 4G SIM inside the first slot if you wish to use Vodafone’s VoLTE services. Also, don’t forget to set the Network Type to Auto by going to the Settings > SIM Networks > Preferred Network Type > 4G/3G/2G menu. Again, the location of the option would vary based on the smartphone.