Around three weeks ago, telecom operator Vodafone launched its VoLTE service in Chennai. And now, further expanding its VoLTE footprint in India, Vodafone has announced the launch of its VoLTE service in the state of Kerala.
With the launch of VoLTE, Vodafone customers in Kerala get benefits like “HD-quality” voice calls, faster call setup time, and, the ability to use 4G data and make phone calls simultaneously without paying anything extra. However, to enjoy these benefits, Vodafone customers will need a Vodafone 4G SIM along with a VoLTE-enabled handset. You can click here to check out the list of smartphones that are compatible with Vodafone VoLTE.
Having said that, with the launch of VoLTE in Kerala, Vodafone now has its VoLTE service spanning across a total of 12 circles that include Gujarat, Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Maharashtra & Goa, Rajasthan, Haryana, Karnataka, UP West, UP East, Punjab, Chennai, and, Kerala.
Commenting on the launch of VoLTE in Kerala, Ajit Chaturvedi, Business Head – Kerala, Vodafone India, said, “As a leading telecom services provider in Kerala, we have been making significant investments to expand, upgrade our network and to deploy new technologies, so as to ensure that we provide the finest service experience to our valued customers. Vodafone VoLTE is a big step towards further enhancing our customer experience and enabling our customers in Kerala to explore newer possibilities with their smart devices.”
How to enable Vodafone VoLTE on your smartphone ?
- Check whether your device is compatible with Vodafone’s VoLTE network (click here to see the list or SMS ‘4G CHECK’ to 199)
- Make sure your smartphone is running the latest version of the software provided by the smartphone manufacturer
- Upgrade to a Vodafone 4G SIM if you are currently using a 2G/3G SIM. You can get it upgraded by visiting your nearest Vodafone store.
- If your smartphone supports VoLTE technology, make sure it’s turned on by going to the Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Enable 4G > Turn on Voice & Data menu on iOS device, or, Settings > Mobile Network > Turn on VoLTE call menu on Android device. That said, the option might be tucked inside a different setting based on which company’s Android smartphone you are using.
- More importantly, if your smartphone supports Dual SIM, be sure to put the Vodafone 4G SIM inside the first slot if you wish to use Vodafone’s VoLTE services. Also, don’t forget to set the Network Type to Auto by going to the Settings > SIM Networks > Preferred Network Type > 4G/3G/2G menu. Again, the location of the option would vary based on the smartphone.